Monday, August 4, 2014

pretty: manicure monday (glitter gradient)

So technically it's Tuesday but it's always glitter time! Here's one of my favourite glitters of all time, Fluffy Macaroons from Loaded Lacquer. From the Loaded Lacquer website, Fluffy Macaroons is described as a clear base with "plum, periwinkle, yellow, marigold, cotton candy pink, purple and white hex and squares and holographic sparkle." It is unbelievably awesome! All kinds of pastel shades and shapes in a clear base. I decided to do a gradient with the glitter polish using OPI Skulls & Glossbones as my base. It's a fantastic grey that isn't too dark or too light. It's pretty much the perfect shade for any nail art including stamping, glitters, etc.
Matou wanted the check out the glitter action.
I don't know about you but the easiest way for me to do a glitter gradient is to start with the smaller glitter on the brush and applying that about halfway from one end and then let it dry slightly and slowly build up more glitter. I tend to have a problem getting the bigger pieces on and it's even harder for me to fish them out of the bottle so I swirl my brush around the bottle then wipe the excess on the inside of the neck of the bottle. That way I can then "pick" up the specific glitter from the neck of the bottle. I hope that makes sense. Maybe a video would be best in this instance because that's the best way I can explain it.
 Here's a sort of close-up of the finished mani. Photographing glitter in the sun with one hand is actually really hard!
This is more of a "true" colour swatch of the OPI polish.
That's it for this Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment