Monday, August 11, 2014

pretty review: more mascara!

I am so excited about this mascara that I just got today that I'm actually publishing a second post in the same day and doing this instead of making dinner! Today I used some of my Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum points to save $30 on the following:

NYC Show Time Volumizing Mascara (which I got too excited to try so there's no packaging), Revlon Eclectic nail polish (mid-mint colour), L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara and L'Oreal Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. The last two L'Oreal iteShocms were purchased by recommendation via Michelle, one of my former co-workers.

So I think I've found my holy grail (HG) mascara and it's the L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara in black (L'Oreal TSEW)! I say this because the results I achieved are extremely close to the results I achieved with my beloved Shu Uemura Precise Volume mascara but at about one-third of the cost! I'm beyond impressed. I had heard good things about this mascara and wasn't really expecting much but the results blew me away. My lashes were lengthened and volumized with just two coats. Best of all is that the brush picked up lashes at the inner corner of my eye that I didn't even know I had! Either they're new or I just never bothered to apply mascara the REALLY proper way. The brush really is great. It's small, with plastic bristles that aren't too long. The bristles are actually shaped like a spider's legs around the plastic wand "body." I'll be sure to add pics when it's not 8 at night and then sun is setting but take my word for it now because I have nothing else to add! L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara for the win!

And now I have to go make dinner because I said I was going to do that two hours ago!

*****

Update here! Okay so I probably shouldn't have gotten so excited after one application of L'Oreal's Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara. I clearly should've waited until I had tested it out at least a couple more times so I could give a more clear view of my opinion.

It turns out that the Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara isn't quite my HG mascara, afterall. Don't get me wrong, it does a great job of volumizing and lengthening my lashes but on my second run with said mascara (I am SO tired of typing out the entire name and copy 'n paste just came to my mind right now), it didn't hold  my curled lashes as well as it did the first time. It's still pretty good but I think I like the L'Oreal Miss Mang Mascara better at this point. I'm going to try out the two throughout the next week and post back!

Oh and here are pics of the Telescopic mascara that I promised yesterday:


Trying to capture the "spider body" wand shape

Four rows of plastic bristles on each side


My only complaint with ALL L'Oreal mascaras is that the packaging is so thick and bulky and awkward! They're definitely not what I would consider travel-friendly, even the Original Voluminous Mascara comes in a fat tube. It's like...is that mascara in your pocket or an extra-long, heavy flow tampon?! No one knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment